Zucchini Basil Soup
Yield: 4 servings
- 2⁄3 cup sliced leeks
- extravirgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove or 1 teaspoon asafetida
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts milk
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon, more to taste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut amino
- 1 cup water,
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice the white and light green parts of the leek into rings. Rinse well, drain, and let dry.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small skillet over medium low heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt and cook until very soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a blender, combine the leek mixture with the zucchini, nut milk, lemon juice, coconut amino, water and a few grinds of pepper and blend until smooth. Add the basil and blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more lemon for brightness and salt to taste. Add more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.