Yields: 20 sea fingers
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1/4cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp kelp powder
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp dried dill weed,
“Breading”: yields 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- smoked sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
1. After soaking the almonds and sunflower seeds, drain and rinse them. processor, fitted with the “S” blade. Process until they break down to a paste.
2. Add the celery, onion, lime juice, kelp powder, salt and dill. Process until blended together. Stop and scrape the sides down occasionally.
3. While the food processor is running, drizzle in the water – adding only enough to make the paste nice and moist. Transfer to a bowl.
4. To make the breading, grind the cashews in the food processor to a small crumb size. Don’t over process.
5. Add the ground flax seeds, paprika, salt, pepper and yeast. Pulse together and pour into a container for dredging.
6. Measure out 2 Tbsp of “sea batter” and shape into a stick. Then coat with the breading and place on the dehydrator sheets.
7. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour then reduce heat to 115 degrees and continue drying for 4 6 hours.
8. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can reheat them by placing them back in the dehydrator for a while.