Cumin, Dill and Anise Bread
Yield: 1 small loaf
- 1 cups raw sunflower seeds, activated and dehydrated
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats or buckwheat , activated and dehydrated
- 2/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 2 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds, ground
- 1 tsp caraway seed, whole
- 1 tsp anise seeds, whole
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup moist almond pulp
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp raw agave (optional)
Place the sunflower seeds and oats in the food processor, processing until it reaches a flour consistency.
Add ground flax, psyllium, dried dill, ground cumin, cumin seeds, anise seeds and salt. Pulse till mixed. Set aside while you mix the wet ingredients.
In a large-sized bowl combine almond pulp, water, lemon juice, and sweetener. With your hands, mix.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and hand mix until well incorporated.
Shape the loaf.
Dehydrate at 145 degrees (F) for 1 hour. This will create a crust on the outside. Remove the bread and on a cutting board, cut the bread into 1/2 – 1′′ thick slices.
Decrease the temperature to 115 degrees (F) and continue to dehydrate for about 10 hours.
Keep an eye on the bread and remove when it reaches the texture that you desire.